Therapist ( Independent and Associate Level Licenses)(Phx and East Valley)
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity. At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about providing hope, healing and health to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. We align our thinking on three values: person-centered, evidence-based and quality-driven. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our employees. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and watch lives change!
Under supervision of Program Management, the Mental Health Counselor will utilize a higher level of expertise, performs professional work by providing clinical therapeutic services to an adult population composed of substance-abusing, SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Responsible for screenings, assessments, treatment planning, case load management, group/individual counseling, crisis management and coordination of care independently, with limited supervision; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts assessments or screenings with clients to evaluate the nature of their presenting problems in order to determine their needs and develop appropriate treatment plan goals.
- Develops and provides individual treatment plans; monitors, evaluates and documents client’s progress.
- Prepares intake documentation, progress notes, event notifications and other documentation regarding clients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Monitors case load daily to ensure required documentation is completed timely; including, but not limited to, assessments, treatment plans, case reviews and discharge plans.
- Provides individual and group counseling, to include crisis management as required.
- Facilitates coordination of care to include case review, therapeutic interventions, and client progress in treatment.
- Participates in clinical staff meetings, trainings and other activities as required.
Skills / Requirements
- Licensure issued by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners to engage in the practice of behavioral health in Arizona.
- Therapist I: Licensed at the Associate level (LAC, LAMFT, LMSW, LASAC)
- Therapist II: Licensed at the LISAC level
- Therapist III: Licensed at the Independent level (LPC, LMFT, LCSW)
- A master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology or a closely related behavioral health field and two years of professional counseling experience in a substance abuse or mental health treatment program; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, the following:
- CPR and First Aid certifications
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.