Substance Abuse Counselor
Substance Abuse Counselor
LASAC or LISAC
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Pay: $47,652 to $50,668/year
Potential for monthly incentive.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Program Management, performs duties in support of therapeutic services and provides comprehensive direct support services which are structured to meet the needs of an adult population composed of SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Provides direct treatment to members in an office setting; works as a team member of a clinical team to assess member needs and wants, participates in the development of individual service plans, acts as a member advocate and liaisons with families and community agencies; serves as the team’s specialist for substance abuse issues by providing other team members with information and knowledge in respect to substance use issues; provides specific substance abuse interventions as clinically indicated.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Office setting, counseling position.
- Participates in daily team meeting; provides updates on assigned case load; identifies member’s risks and needs and coordinates care to access needed services. Serves as the subject matter expert in designated role; offering skills training and technical assistance
- Documents all member events in accordance with policies, procedures, and clinical protocols.
- Models substance abuse recovery skills within the ACT team and provides consultation to specialists on the team.
- Completes assessments and individual service plans
- Cross-trains other staff on the team to help them develop dual disorder assessment and treatment skills.
- Facilitates substance abuse counseling either individually or in groups, per the member’s treatment plan.
For more information:
602.808.2800 and ask for Human Resources
Skills / Requirements
- License issued by AZ Board of Behavioral Health Examiners; preferred
- A master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology or a closely related behavioral health field and two years of professional counseling experience in a substance abuse or mental health treatment program; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.