POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Program Management, performs duties in support of therapeutic services and provides comprehensive direct support services which are structured to meet the needs of an adult population composed of SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Assists members with benefit applications, obtains member financial information, cooperates with and advises staff, members and families regarding benefit issues, provides training to staff regarding benefits; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this classification.
- Facilitates SOAR program procedures to increase access to SSI/SSDI for eligible members by providing in-depth community support to members during application process.
- Accepts member referrals for assistance and assists members with gathering all pertinent information throughout the application process, including, but not limited to assisting the members in obtaining past medical records, writing medical summary reports, helping members appeal denials, communicating directly with SSA liaisons.
- Ascertains member benefit needs by interviewing members to complete application.
- Monitors the completion of financial information forms and any benefit applications deemed appropriate for members. Obtains verification from outside agencies when necessary.
- Facilitates AHCCCS eligibility and ongoing monitoring. Inspects and screens financial information evaluations completed by others for accuracy and enters data into J-Walk system when needed.
- Trains and assists clinical liaison’s case managers at designated sites in the completion of financial information forms and collection of insurance benefits.
- Gathers insurance information.
- Analyzes benefit issues and recommends course of action.
- Trains and disseminates benefit information to staff.
- A High School Diploma/GED and one year of relevant work experience
- Completion of SOAR training (may be completed upon hire)
- Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm