POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Program Management, performs duties in support of therapeutic services and provides comprehensive direct support services which are structured to meet the needs of an adult population composed of SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Assists members with benefit applications, obtains member financial information, cooperates with and advises staff, members and families regarding benefit issues, provides training to staff regarding benefits; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates SOAR program procedures to increase access to SSI/SSDI for eligible members by providing in-depth community support to members during application process.
- Accepts member referrals for assistance and assists members with gathering all pertinent information throughout the application process, including, but not limited to assisting the members in obtaining past medical records, writing medical summary reports, helping members appeal denials, communicating directly with SSA liaisons.
- Ascertains member benefit needs by interviewing members to complete application.
- Monitors the completion of financial information forms and any benefit applications deemed appropriate for members. Obtains verification from outside agencies when necessary.
- Facilitates AHCCCS eligibility and ongoing monitoring. Inspects and screens financial information evaluations completed by others for accuracy and enters data into J-Walk system when needed.
- Trains and assists clinical liaison’s case managers at designated sites in the completion of financial information forms and collection of insurance benefits.
- Gathers insurance information.
- Analyzes benefit issues and recommends course of action.
- Trains and disseminates benefit information to staff.
Skills / Requirements
- A High School Diploma/GED and one year of relevant work experience
- Completion of SOAR training (may be completed upon hire)
- Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $16 to $20.48/hour
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403B plan, a generous PTO plan, Sick Leave, and 10 paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time