Registered Nurse - Residential Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides direction and support to medical assistants and other clinical staff as it relates to self-administration of medication and health and wellness. Responsible for the overall performance of the medication services and medical assistants, to include performance management, training, scheduling/coverage, crisis management, medication documentation and medication room compliance; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs program functions and implements standards, policies, and procedures governing the performance of the medication services and medical assistants and medication technician staff
- Revises services according to demonstrated client need and the program’s contractual requirements
- Develops and implements site-specific plans that support Lifewell’s strategic plan; develops program goals and objectives; defines and recommends objectives at site; and issues specific objectives to direct reports.
- Serves as Registered Nurse to assigned members and performs all duties required of nurses in this treatment system.
- Documents all activities in the clinical record according to policy using approved forms.
- Coordinates member care with the PCP or integrated care provider and RBHA Care Management Department and coordinates transition of member care for PCP service in or out of the clinic setting.
- Screens/triages for physical and behavioral health issues and assures that clinical interventions recommended are incorporated into the member’s care.
- Conducts preliminary and follow-up medication audits; requests and updates information/forms according to established formats and timelines.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic working relationship with employees, clients, families, and support systems that is strengths-based and recovery-focused.
- Plans, organizes, provides, and evaluates the effectiveness of individual and group treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to achieve goals as outlined in clients’ treatment plans, ensures that program employees provide appropriate and necessary services.
- Selects and maintains qualified employees in all assigned program positions; provides orientation and on-the-job training for direct reports; ensures that the duties, responsibilities, authority, accountability, and performance standards of all direct reports are defined and understood; identifies training needs, initiates development of direct reports, proactively manages performance and conducts performance reviews as required.
Skills / Requirements
- Completion of the applicable Registered Nursing course of study and degree.
- Current licensure issued by the State of Arizona Board of Nursing as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Minimum of one year relevant experience; in a behavioral health setting preferred
- Family practice/Medical practice experience preferred.
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $67,000 to $75,000/year
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Full time employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403(b) Plan; a generous Paid Time Off Plan, Sick Leave and 10 paid holidays
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Site 1