Program Manager -Residential Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Clinical Director, plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the assigned Lifewell program in providing clinical therapeutic services to an adult population composed of substance-abusing, SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Provides direction and support of all phases of assigned Program’s operations, services, facilities and employees. Responsible for the overall performance of the assigned program and directs treatment, rehabilitation and support services; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs administrative, support, and direct service functions; recommends and implements standards, policies, and procedures governing the performance of the assigned program; revises services according to demonstrated client need, the program’s contractual requirements and the program’s strategic plan; reviews and approves the implementation of Program and/or site-specific plans that support the strategic plan.
- Develops annual goals and objectives; defines and recommends objectives at each site; issues specific annual objectives to direct reports, and reviews objectives developed by the site teams; develops specific short-term and long-term plans and programs.
- Referring to the Director on matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to policy or budget, reviews and approves plans for division manpower, facilities, labor, and materials; reviews and analyzes financial reports; reviews and endorses or revises budget proposals received from direct reports; approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts; ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the organization are appropriately safeguarded and administered.
- Coordinates, communication and collaborates with other components of the organization and outside agencies involved with the program; seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination; consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action; keeps supervisor and employees informed as to program plans and progress. Fosters strong community relations; maintains productive working relationships with neighbors, landlords, area professionals and organizations to coordinate client services; participates in community and professional activities to promote the work of the organization.
- Collects and maintains quality improvement data and program performance measurements; monitors and evaluates existing programs, service effectiveness, and customer service; recommends and implements policies, procedures, and action to achieve program/site goals; provides reports to Management Team and programs on interpretation of results; recommends program/plan changes.
- Generates and maintains medical, organization, and program records; conducts preliminary and follow-up audits; requests and receives information, and updates information/forms according to established formats and timelines.
- Selects and maintains qualified personnel in all positions reporting directly; provides orientation and on-the-job training for direct reports; ensures that the duties, responsibilities, authority, accountability, and performance standards of all direct reports are defined and understood; identifies training needs, initiates development of direct reports, proactively manages performance and conducts performance reviews.
- Conducts assessments or screenings with clients to evaluate the nature of their presenting problems in order to determine their needs and develop appropriate treatment plan goals.
- Develops and provides individual treatment plans; monitors, evaluates and documents client’s progress.
- Provides individual and group counseling, to include crisis management as required.
- Oversees program clinical services; coordinates services across multiple systems; ensures that services are provided in accordance with current contracts and applicable regulations and standards; provides direct services as needed.
- Oversees program clinical supervision in accordance with current contracts, applicable regulations/standards and Lifewell policy; monitors staff training; monitors performance levels and professionalism of all program staff.
- Leads team in program development, monitoring, evaluation, and improvement activities; participates in professional development.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic working relationship with employees, clients, families, and support systems that is strengths-based and recovery-focused; plans, organizes, provides, and evaluates the effectiveness of individual and group treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to achieve goals as outlined in clients’ treatment plans, ensures that program employees provide appropriate and necessary services.
Skills / Requirements
- Licensure issued by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners to engage in the practice of behavioral health in Arizona at the Associate, LISAC or Independent level.
- One year of supervisory experience, in a behavioral health setting preferred
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $59,000 to $64,000/year
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403B plan, a generous PTO plan, and 10 paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Site I