Program Coordinator - Residential Services
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Program leadership, plans, organizes, and directs the activities of the assigned Lifewell program in providing clinical therapeutic services to an adult population composed of substance-abusing, SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Provides direction and support to employees in all phases of operations, services and facilities related to the assigned program. Responsible for the overall performance of the assigned program and employees, to include performance management, training, scheduling/coverage, crisis management, client screenings/assessments and required documentation; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs program functions; implements standards, policies, and procedures governing the performance of the program; revises services according to demonstrated client need and the program’s contractual requirements; develops and implements site-specific plans that support Lifewell’s strategic plan; develops program goals and objectives; defines and recommends objectives at site; and issues specific objectives to direct reports.
- Referring to the Program Manager or Director on matters requiring clarification, interpretation, or exception to policy or budget, develops and implements plans for program staffing patterns and facilities; oversees program financial administration; reviews and analyzes financial reports; prepares budget proposals; approves budget expenses up to authorized dollar amounts; ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the organization are appropriately safeguarded and administered.
- Coordinates communication and collaborates with other components of the organization and outside agencies involved with the program; seeks mutual agreement on problems involving coordination; consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action; keeps supervisor and employees informed as to program plans and progress. Fosters strong community relations; maintains productive working relationships with neighbors, landlords, area professionals, and organizations to coordinate client services.
- Collects and maintains quality improvement data and program performance measurements; implements policies, procedures, and action to achieve program goals; provides reports to Program Manager and/or Director and direct reports on interpretation of results; recommends program/plan changes.
- Generates and maintains medical, organization, and program records; conducts preliminary and follow-up audits; requests and receives information, and updates information/forms according to established formats and timelines.
- Selects and maintains qualified employees in all assigned program positions; provides orientation and on-the-job training for direct reports; ensures that the duties, responsibilities, authority, accountability, and performance standards of all direct reports are defined and understood; identifies training needs, initiates development of direct reports, proactively manages performance and conducts performance reviews as required.
- Directs program services; coordinates services across multiple systems; ensures that services are provided in accordance with current contracts and applicable regulations and standards.
- Performs clinical supervision in accordance with current contracts, applicable regulations/standards and Lifewell policy.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic working relationship with employees, clients, families, and support systems that is strengths-based and recovery-focused; plans, organizes, provides, and evaluates the effectiveness of individual and group treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to achieve goals as outlined in clients’ treatment plans, ensures that program employees provide appropriate and necessary services.
- Participates in clinical meetings, trainings and other activities as required.
Skills / Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in the behavioral health field and a combination of education and full-time relevant experience in a behavioral health setting totaling six years; OR
- A non-behavioral health field bachelor’s degree and a combination of coursework in a field related to behavioral health and full-time relevant experience in a behavioral health setting totaling six years; OR
- A high school diploma/GED and a combination of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health and full-time relevant experience in a behavioral health setting totaling six years.
- Preferred: License issued by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
- One year of supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting preferred
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $19.51 to $23.06/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: Residential