Peer Support Specialist
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity. At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about providing hope, healing and health to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. We align our thinking on three values: person-centered, evidence-based and quality-driven. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our employees. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development and flexible shifts so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and watch lives change!
POSITION SUMMARY: Utilizing the shared experience, engages behavioral health recipients in skills training designed to enhance functioning leading to community integration and self-sufficiency in living, learning, social and work environments. Responsible for case load management, crisis management and coordination of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works as a member of a clinical team to facilitate recovery and inspire hope with members working toward their behavioral health goals.
- Provides living skills training, personal assistance, peer and family support.
- Assists with care coordination and serves as source for community resources, peer support, service planning, personal care services and living skills training.
- Works in collaboration with other clinical team members, Lifewell direct care clinics and the RBHA.
- Assists members and families in accessing additional community supports.
- Assists staff in identifying program environments that are conducive to recovery; lends their unique insight to mental illness and what makes recovery possible.
- Participates in peer driven care to promote community integration, independence and self-sufficiency.
- Maintains accurate, thorough and current documentation of contact with members and/or family members.
- Assists members in developing individualized goals, outcomes, accessing natural supports and is a partner in member’s journey of recovery.
- Coordinates member care with the PCP or Integrated Care Provider and RBHA Care Management Department and coordinates transition of member care for PCP services into or out of the clinic setting.
- Screens for physical health issues and ensures clinical interventions recommended by the RBHA care manager/care coordinator are incorporated into the members care.
- May provide job coaching and assistance with housing supports.
Skills / Requirements
- The position has a requirement of a shared experience. A shared experience is defined as personally utilizing privately or publically funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment.
- Peer Support Certification
- Work experience in any field.
- A current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $13.65 to $16.50/hour
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Full time employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403(b) Plan; a generous Paid Time Off Plan, Sick Leave and 10 paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SMI Clinics