Peer Support Associate
We are currently offering additional $3/hour Recovery Pay (included in salary range listed above!)
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity! At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about inspiring hope, supporting better health and providing opportunities for healing to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our team members and our community. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope and help lives change!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As Lifewell’s Peer Support Associate you will engage members in Independent Living Skills (ILS) activities, health and wellness promotion, personal assistance services, rehabilitation and vocational skills, training and development services and crisis management, to lead to community integration and self-sufficiency in living, learning, social and work environments. You will utilize your shared experience to monitor, evaluate and document member progress. Other duties include daily caseload monitoring and timely completion of required documentation.
If you are dependable, caring and compassionate and find motivation in helping our members live better lives by sharing your own experiences, apply now! At Lifewell, we promote from within and foster an environment that encourages career growth and development.
Skills / Requirements
- The position has a requirement of a shared experience. A shared experience is defined as personally utilizing privately or publicly funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment.
- Work experience in any field.
- Completion of Peer Support Training and Peer Support Certification.
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm