Peer Support Associate
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity. At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about providing hope, healing and health to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. We align our thinking on three values: person-centered, evidence-based and quality-driven. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our employees. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development and flexible shifts so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and watch lives change!
POSITION SUMMARY: Utilizing the shared experience, engages behavioral health recipients in skills training designed to enhance functioning leading to community integration and self-sufficiency in living, learning, social and work environments. Responsible for case load management, crisis management and coordination of care
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the qualified staff member, utilizing the shared experience, monitors, evaluates and documents behavioral health recipient’s progress.
- May have responsibility for intake documentation. Prepares progress notes, event notifications and other documentation regarding behavioral health recipients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Monitors case load daily to ensure required documentation is completed timely.
- Utilizes the shared experience to provide direct support services to include engaging behavioral health recipients in Independent Living Skills (ILS) activities, health and wellness promotion, personal assistance services, rehabilitation and vocational skills, training and development services, transportation services and crisis management.
- Coordinates care to include case review and behavioral health recipient progress in services.
- Participates in clinical staff meetings, trainings and other activities as required.
- Completes administrative tasks which may include, work orders, copying and faxing.
Skills / Requirements
- The position has a requirement of a shared experience. A shared experience is defined as personally utilizing privately or publically funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment.
- Peer Support Certification
- Work experience in any field.
- A current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $12.38 to $14.50/hour
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Full time employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403(b) Plan; a generous Paid Time Off Plan, Sick Leave and 10 paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time