Peer Health and Wellness Coach
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity. At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about providing hope, healing and health to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. We align our thinking on three values: person-centered, evidence-based and quality-driven. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our employees. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and watch lives change!
Under supervision of Program Management, performs duties in support of therapeutic services and provides comprehensive direct support services which are structured to meet the needs of an adult population composed of SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Assists consumers in activities related to health and wellness; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists eligible clients challenged with Serious Mental Illness in activities related to health and wellness: exercise, nutrition, healthy lifestyle choices, smoking cessation and recovery.
- Supports client voice and participation in both their Behavioral Health Care and Medical Care.
- Assists clients in developing plans and tools for living healthy.
- Encourages clients to access primary medical care for prevention and early intervention of chronic disease conditions: heart disease, chronic respiratory problems, diabetes, hypertension in conjunction with a serious mental illness.
- Assists clients in engaging with primary Care Physicians and facilities to self-advocate regarding medical care.
Skills / Requirements
The position has a requirement of a shared experience. A shared experience is defined as personally utilizing privately or publically funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment
Completion of Peer Support Training and Peer Support Certification.
- Experience and or education totaling one year related to health and wellness education.
Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Must be 21 years of age
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.