Peer Health & Wellness Coach
We are currently offering additional $3/hour Recovery Pay (included in salary range listed above!)
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity! At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about inspiring hope, supporting better health and providing opportunities for healing to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our team members and our community. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope and help lives change!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As Lifewell’s Peer Health and Wellness Coach, you will assist members in activities related to health and wellness, like physical exercise, nutrition, healthy lifestyle choices, smoking cessation and recovery. You will work closely with members to assist them with developing plans and tools for living healthy. You will be responsible for educating members how to self-advocate and participate in their behavioral and physical health care, by encouraging them to access primary medical care for prevention and early intervention.
If you are dependable, caring and compassionate and find motivation in helping our members live better lives by sharing your own experiences, apply now! At Lifewell, we promote from within and foster an environment that encourages career growth and development.
Skills / Requirements
- The position has a requirement of a shared experience. A shared experience is defined as personally (or a family member) utilizing privately or publically funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment or having a family perspective of recovery.
- Experience and/or education totaling one year related to health and wellness education
- Completion of Peer Support Training and Peer Support Certification
- Current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm