Peer Health and Wellness Coach - Peer Support
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity. At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about providing hope, healing and health to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. We align our thinking on three values: person-centered, evidence-based and quality-driven. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our employees. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and watch lives change!
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists patients in activities related to health and wellness; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists patients challenged with Serious Mental Illness in activities related to health and wellness: exercise, nutrition, healthy lifestyle choices, smoking cessation and recovery.
- Supports client voice and participation in both their Behavioral Health Care and Medical Care.
- Assists clients in developing plans and tools for living healthy.
- Encourages clients to access primary medical care for prevention and early intervention of chronic disease conditions: heart disease, chronic respiratory problems, diabetes, hypertension in conjunction with a serious mental illness.
- Assists clients in engaging with primary Care Physicians and facilities to self-advocate regarding medical care.
Skills / Requirements
- The position has a requirement of a shared experience. A shared experience is defined as personally (or a family member) utilizing privately or publically funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment or having a family perspective of recovery.
- Experience and/or education totaling one year related to health and wellness education
- Completion of Peer Support Training and Peer Support Certification
- Current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $12.38 to $14.50/hour
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Full time employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403(b) Plan; a generous Paid Time Off Plan, Sick Leave and 10 paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SMI Clinics