Peer Benefit Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Program Management, performs duties in support of therapeutic services and provides comprehensive direct support services which are structured to meet the needs of an adult population composed of SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Assists members with benefit applications, obtains member financial information, cooperates with and advises staff, members and families regarding benefit issues, provides training to staff regarding benefits; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accepts member referrals for assistance.
- Ascertains member benefit needs by interviewing members to complete application. Assists members with gathering all pertinent information for application processing and copying. Initiates, tracks and assists members during and after the application process.
- Monitors the completion of financial information forms and any benefit applications deemed appropriate for members. Obtains verification from outside agencies when necessary.
- Facilitates AHCCCS eligibility and ongoing monitoring. Inspects and screens financial information evaluations completed by others for accuracy and enters data into J-Walk system when needed.
- Trains and assists clinical liaison’s case managers at designated sites in the completion of financial information forms and collection of insurance benefits.
- Gathers insurance information.
- Analyzes benefit issues and recommends course of action.
- Trains and disseminates benefit information to staff.
Skills / Requirements
- A High School Diploma/GED and one year of relevant work experience
- Shared experience, preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.