Under supervision of Controller, performs work in support of those providing services to an adult population composed of persons with substance-use disorders, SMI, dual-diagnoses and/or referred persons. Responsible for accurate and timely processing of agency’s payroll; providing assistance to the Finance Department including purchase order support and deposit support; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this classification.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll.
- Reviews, tracks and approves reimbursement requests.
- Reviews all changes processed by human resources, including new hires, terminations, pay changes, etc.
- Processes terminations, including final checks.
- Reviews and processes approved timecard and pay adjustments.
- Prepares, reviews and provides to management various regular and ad-hoc payroll reports.
- Prepares, reviews and submits multiple benefit files for each payroll.
- Reviews, balances and completes deposits as requested.
- Submits Finance Department related purchases orders as requested
- Reviews, completes, and maintains various TPT tax returns and licenses through AZ Department of Revenue.
- Provides assistance during any and all audits relating to the Finance Department.
- Provides assistance during the monthly financial close.
- Works with various outside vendors to accomplish provided tasks.
- Complies with state specific employment laws and requirements.
- Complies and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Participates in staff meetings, trainings and other activities as required.
- Performs other duties as required and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of three years’ experience processing payroll for a medium size company; or any equivalent combination of education, training or experience in an accounting department.
- Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 35 wpm