POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Lead Registered Nurse, performs duties in support of therapeutic services to an adult population composed of persons with substance-use disorders, SMI, dual-diagnoses and/or referred persons. Responsible for providing services to members including engagement, medication administration and education
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares members for examinations by measuring vital signs, blood draws, urine collection for drug screens and administering injections as order by a healthcare professional.
- Secures member information and maintains member confidence by updating members’ files, completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping member information confidential.
- Documents all activities in the clinical record according to policy using approved forms.
- Coordinates physical and behavioral health care needs for members.
- Generates and maintains medical, organization, and program records; conducts preliminary and follow-up audits; requests and receives information, and updates information/forms according to established formats and timelines.
- Coordinates and supports services across multiple systems; ensures that services are provided in accordance with current contracts and applicable regulations and standards.
- Coordinates member care with the PCP or Integrated Care Provider and RBHA Care Management Department and coordinates transition of member care for PCP services into or out of the clinic setting.
- Screens for physical health issues and ensures clinical interventions recommended by the RBHA care manager/care coordinator are incorporated into the members care.
- Take phone messages and provide feedback and answers to member/physician/pharmacy calls.
Skills / Requirements
- A High School Diploma/GED
- Current Medical Assistant Certification valid in the state of Arizona
- Current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, the following:
- CPR and First Aid certifications
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $13.95 to $14.91/hour
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403B plan, a generous PTO plan, and 10 paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time