Licensed Substance Abuse Specialist ACT - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity! At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about inspiring hope, supporting better health and providing opportunities for healing to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our team members and our community. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and help lives change!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a team member on Lifewell’s ACT Team, you will be responsible for providing customized community-based services for people living with a serious mental illness who need more intensive wrap-around services to keep them living their lives in the community and out of the hospitals, jails, crisis system or emergency rooms.
Specifically, as an Licensed ACT Substance Abuse Specialist you will provide direct treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services in a community setting to members. You will work as part of a clinical team to assess member needs, to participate in the development of individual service plans and to act as a member advocate and liaison with families and community agencies. You will be responsible for providing on-call crisis intervention services, as well as weekend and holiday coverage and specific substance abuse interventions, as clinically indicated.
As the subject matter expert, you will facilitate substance abuse support either individually or in groups, according to the member’s treatment plan. By modelling substance abuse recovery skills and providing consultation to other clinicians and team members, you will be able to help them developing dual disorder assessments and treatment skills.
If you have a strong passion of helping other and are dependable, caring and compassionate and find motivation in helping our members live better lives, apply now! At Lifewell, we promote from within and foster an environment that encourages career growth and development.
Skills / Requirements
- Licensure issued by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners to engage in the practice of behavioral health in Arizona.
- A master's degree in counseling, social work, psychology or a closely related behavioral health field and two years of professional counseling experience in a substance abuse or mental health treatment program; OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 1409