Family Support Specialist
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity! At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about inspiring hope, supporting better health and providing opportunities for healing to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our team members and our community. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope and help lives change!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Family Mentor you will be responsible for facilitating various family group activities that support and strengthen the member and their families assisting them in their recovery. You will be responsible for encouraging, assisting and supporting the family in expressing their perspective throughout the processes of assessment, service planning and service delivery while maintaining a focus on the recovery and resiliency. In addition you will create and facilitate a variety of family group activities that support and strengthen a family’s journey of recovery.
If you are dependable, caring and compassionate and find motivation in helping our members live better lives by sharing your own experiences, apply now! At Lifewell, we promote from within and foster an environment that encourages career growth and development.
Skills / Requirements
- The position has a requirement of a shared experience. A shared experience is defined as personally (or a family member) utilizing privately or publically funded behavioral health services, to include substance abuse treatment or having a family perspective of recovery.
- Completion of Peer Support Training and Peer Support Certification
- Current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm