Clinician I Lead
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Program Management, provides comprehensive direct support services which are structured to meet the needs of an adult population composed of SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Provides direction and support to the site Clinician I/Clinician Associates, to include performance management, training, scheduling/coverage and may include various site management responsibilities. Engages clients in skills training designed to enhance functioning leading to community integration and self-sufficiency in living, learning, social and work environments. Responsible for screenings, assessments, treatment planning, case load management, crisis management and coordination of care; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this classification.
- Provides orientation and on-the-job training for direct reports; ensures that the duties, responsibilities, and performance standards of all direct reports are defined and understood; identifies and addresses scheduling/coverage issues, identifies training needs, initiates development of direct reports and effectively manages performance.
- Conducts assessments or screenings with clients to evaluate the nature of their presenting problems in order to determine their needs and develop appropriate treatment plan goals.
- Develops and provides individual treatment plans; monitors, evaluates and documents client’s progress.
- Prepares intake documentation, progress notes, event notifications and other documentation regarding clients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Monitors case load daily to ensure required documentation is completed timely; including, but not limited to, assessments, treatment plans, case reviews and discharge plans.
- Provides direct support services to include engaging clients in Independent Living Skills (ILS) activities, health and wellness promotion, personal assistance services, assistance in the self-administration of medication, rehabilitation and vocational skills, training and development services, transportation services and crisis management.
- Facilitates coordination of care to include case review, therapeutic interventions, and client progress in treatment.
- In the absence of Program Coordinator, coordinates services across multiple systems; ensures that services are provided in accordance with current contracts and applicable regulations and standards.
- Performs clinical supervision in accordance with current contracts, applicable regulations/standards and Lifewell policy.
- Provides support and guidance to staff members through training, modeling, supervision and the use of chart and note audits.
- Completes administrative tasks which may include, work orders, purchase orders, copying, scanning and faxing.
Skills / Requirements
- A High School Diploma/GED and four years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- An Associate’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- A non-behavioral health field bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting; OR
- A bachelor’s degree in the behavioral health field and one year of relevant experience in a behavioral health setting;
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $15.87 to $17.79/hour
Job Status: Full Time