Clinical Support Specialist - Medical Front Office
Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity. At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about providing hope, healing and health to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. We align our thinking on three values: person-centered, evidence-based and quality-driven. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our employees. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development and flexible shifts so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and help lives change!
Under supervision of the designated Site Management, performs duties in support of therapeutic services providing excellent customer service, administrative and clinical support, as well as ensuring accurate and timely data collection, reporting, and electronic medical record maintenance; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets and directs visitors to appropriate staff with courtesy and respect, adhering to behavioral health ethical standards and the concepts of Lifewell’s Code of Ethics statement; complies with all safety policies and procedures in the assigned area.
- Schedules appointments and collects new client information for the electronic medical record.
- Receives client payments or co-payments and issues receipts.
- Performs administrative tasks such as work orders, event notifications, copying, faxing, logging mail and handles external and internal telephone calls.
- Performs insurance verifications and determines eligibility prior to the delivery of clinical services.
- Receives information to referrals and processes referrals in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assists in the maintenance of electronic medical records; receives, maintains and forwards medical/case records in accordance with confidentiality and security procedures.
- Assists program staff and management in collecting billing and utilization data; maintains, prepares and distributes reports according to established guidelines.
- Prepares documentation regarding clients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures as required.
- Maintains office supplies inventory and submits supply requests, as needed.
- Participates in clinical and/or administrative staff meetings, trainings and other activities as required.
Skills / Requirements
- A High School Diploma/GED and one year of customer service related work experience.
- Some assignments require an Arizona DPS Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Some assignments require a current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certification
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.
Pay: $14 to $15.98/hour
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Full time employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance; short and long term disability, life insurance, a qualified 403(b) Plan; a generous Paid Time Off Plan and 10 paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time