POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Program Management, performs duties in support of therapeutic services and provides comprehensive direct support services which are structured to meet the needs of an adult population composed of SMI, dual-diagnosed and/or referred persons. Implements the policies and clinical management procedures established for the facility by the Site Administrator; supervises clinical activities ensuring the program services are provided in accordance with policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws, regulations and licensure/accreditation standards; creates a climate which promotes quality treatment for each member; manages the clinical staff; performs related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the clinical care provided by the site with emphasis on coordination between clinical disciplines, coordination of clinical activities of the program, and implementation of objectives outlined in the ADHS and RBHA Provider Manual.
- Provides direct administrative and clinical supervision for Clinical Coordinators and Connective Clinical Liaison(s), and ensures effective communication among clinical team staff.
- Oversees delivery of appropriate clinical services and ensures that the clinical staff members comply with established guidelines and requirements set forth in regulatory and contract requirements.
- Uses qualitative and quantitative outcomes and process data to initiate training, mentoring or performance improvement activities to assist individual clinicians and/or clinical teams to deliver excellent behavioral health care.
- Communicates operational barriers, including service development/network issues, to the Site Administrator and other Direct Services Management staff as necessary. Works cooperatively with site staff to resolve identified issues at the site level.
- Consistently communicates the Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care vision and mission to staff and members. Facilitates the integration of a recovery philosophy and the Principles for Persons with a serious mental illness into everyday clinical practice and clinic operations.
- Serves as mentor, coach and teacher for staff, particularly in the area of assessment and treatment planning, ensuring adherence to philosophy, goals and objectives.
- Recruits, screens and hires appropriate staff in conjunction with the Site Administrator.
- Conducts and reviews grievances and terminations of clinical staff in conjunction with the Site Administrator.
- Orients new staff directly or via delegation.
- Conducts Clinical Staff meetings to discuss plans, outline goals and objectives, review problem areas and disseminate information.
Skills / Requirements
- A master’s degree in the behavioral health field and a minimum of three years of clinical and administrative managerial experience
- Licensure issued by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners to engage in the practice of behavioral health in Arizona at the Independent level
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting
- Current Arizona Driver License and a current satisfactory 39-month Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Background Check
- Minimum 1 year recovery from drugs and/or alcohol
- Minimum typing speed of 25 wpm
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.