Looking to make an impact? You’ve found the opportunity. At Lifewell, you’ll join a team passionate about providing hope, healing and health to the ones we serve. Our mission drives us, and you’ll see this in our desire to help others reach a balanced mental health lifestyle. We align our thinking on three values: person-centered, evidence-based and quality-driven. Just as much as we care for those we serve, we care for our employees. We provide career growth paths to encourage personal and professional development and flexible shifts so you can focus on what’s most important. Come alongside others to encourage self-value and hope. Come alongside us and watch lives change!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under supervision of Controller, assists in the processing of financial information including various reconciliations and analysis. The Accountant maintains financial reports, records, and general ledgers while performing complex analysis and review. The position provides lead support for the monthly, quarterly, and yearly preparation of financial statements for Lifewell and its affiliates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this classification.
- Completes Daily Bank Reconciliations
- Creates and maintains various reconciliations, including weekly credit card purchases
- Maintains and reconciles various subsidiary schedules, including balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviews, maintains, and reconciles Fixed Asset accounts
- Performs regular physical audits for various Fixed Assets and Inventory
- Ensures accurate and timely information is entered in the accounting software
- Provides lead support for monthly financial close process within the specified deadline for Lifewell and its affiliates
- Prepares, analyze, and posts necessary journal entries
- Provides assistance during any and all audits relating to the Finance Department
- Prepares and maintains various monthly analysis and reports as requested by management
- Provide backup support for all other accounting staff members
- Works with various outside vendors to accomplish provided tasks
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Comply and follow all company policies and procedures
- Performs other tasks as requested
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and at minimum of one year related accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Lifewell Behavioral Wellness is a non-profit behavioral healthcare agency providing treatment, services and support for low-income clients diagnosed with serious mental illness (SMI), general mental health issues and substance abuse disorders. Lifewell offers residential, outpatient, community living and psychosocial rehabilitation programs which are client centered and adapted to address a broad range of needs.
Lifewell programs provide safe and supportive environments that foster recovery, healthy living and personal growth for clients as they build on existing strengths, focus on addressing deficiencies, and learn new social and vocational skills.